The parade will begin Saturday morning at 10AM. The Peanut Parade will be held rain or shine. The only exception will be the case of lightning in the area.
- Deadline for all entries in the parade will be two Saturdays prior to the festival No exceptions will be made.
- Judging will begin at 8:30 a.m. sharp. All float entries wishing to be judged, must be set up at this time in front Grapeland Junior High School. Other entries will be judged during parade, based on general appearance, originality, creativity and theme adherence.
All Vehicles must be driven by a licensed driver. Motorcycles will NOT be allowed in parade.ATV’s are only allowed if they are promoting a business. Drivers of ATV’s must be at least 16 years of age. This will be strictly enforced.
- No unsafe driving practices will be tolerated, including burn-outs, wheelies or speed as well as loud pipes or engines.
- Any entry considered a possible fire hazard, by parade chairman, will be required to have a fire extinguisher on board and in sight.
- It is not permitted to throw candy or any object from parade entries.
- Horse entries must pre-register according to the above deadline (two Saturdays prior to the festival). Horse entries must provide a current Coggins test. This test must be no older than one year from the date of the festival and must be presented to an on sight festival volunteer the morning of the parade. Riders will also be expected to maintain safe control of their horse for the protection of attendees.
- Any decisions the Parade Chair should find necessary to make concerning the safety and well-being of the parade and its activities are to be respected and so adhered.
Vehicles entering parade in order to be judged, must be in the category of vintage or antique. New vehicles may be driven in parade if promoting a business.
Queen Contestant Floats
Vintage/Antique Automobiles and Tractors
Political Candidates and Representatives
Horse or mule drawn wagons
For more information, please contact the Parade Invitation Chair: Linda Reed 409-651-8491
or Peanut Festival Chair: Tammy Hassell 936-687-4903